Black Friday is the busiest shopping day of the year. While shopping in the mad rush of Black Friday can be fun and save you a few bucks, it can also increase your risk of theft and risk to your safety. High levels of stress can cause people to act in ways they normally do not act.
Mob mentality is very real. Pushing and shoving to get that last item for any amount of savings is just not worth it.
This Black Friday we at Atlanta Krav Maga & Fitness want you all to stay safe and alert. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind if you are planning to head out this Black Friday.
• Shop in groups. “Safety in numbers”!
• Put your cell phone away.
• Keep your purse/wallet close to your body.
• Keep your purchases in a trunk or out of sight.
• Don’t take your payment out until asked. Theifs can sneak up behind and grab your card/money in a large crowd.
• Don’t purchase more than you can carry. Make multiple trips to car if necessary.
• Have your keys ready when walking out to your car. Put packages away and get in quickly.